Please note the following when sending messages via eGate:
- Server: egate4.pranke.com (184.108.40.206)
- Encrypted transmission:
- Send via TLS (SMTP): Port 25 or Port 8025
- Receive via TLS (POP3): Port 995
- Unencrypted transmission:
- Send (SMTP): Port 25 or Port 8025
- Receive (POP3): Port 110 or Port 8110
If you want to make sure that the communication with eGate works over the selected ports, please proceed as follows:
- By establishing a Telnet connection (via a terminal cmd.exe) you can determine whether the eGate service is accessible from the internal network.
- Request: telnet eGate4.pranke.com 25
- Response: 220 egate4 ESMTP server
- The connection could be successfully established via the above port (25) if the server returns the response listed above.
- If you receive a negative response, please check the rules in your firewall.